You’ve had a long day at work,
Your legs are sore from yesterday’s workout,
It’s raining outside,
It’s cold outside,
It’s hot outside,
The drive is too far,
You don’t have time,
Your alarm didn’t go off,
These are excuses made by common people,
You are not common,
You are not a quitter,
You are not the person you may have been in the past,
You are an unyielding competitor,
You will succeed,
You will undeniably rise above it…
If you don’t make things happen, things will happen to you.
Today, ask yourselves this question: Where is my ATTITUDE taking me?
My take away is this:
Attitude gets you where you ought to be. A good attitude gets you to a good destination. -Stephen Hart
Have you ever found yourself in a situation with all doors closed and no way out?
Ever gave up on yourself when you failed at a task?
Ever felt alone and that no one could understand where you were at so it was better to not allow people in to help?
Hey, listen, I’ve been in all those places! I’m human and you are too. There’s nothing wrong with feeling that way from time to time. But here’s the thing, you CAN feel that way for a time, but NOT forever!
To get beyond that lonely feeling where your emotions have you ready to throw in your towel, you’ve got to change your attitude!
As I said above, your ATTITUDE will get you where you ought to be. By that, I mean that if you keep a negative attitude and don’t keep moving, but instead sit in your sorrow, you will be all alone with no one to talk to. No one wants to be around negativity all the time. So if you don’t turn that frown upside down, you’ll find that you’re where you put yourself.
I’ve got an ATTITUDE where I’m going to bang on one of those closed door or beat down the wall, because being stuck without options is not going to be an option. Believe me, we can make sooo much noise that someone on the outside looking into your situation or circumstance will come get you out and help you move on.
Attitude gets you where you ought to be! Go getters get going!
Where will your attitude take you?
Here are 55 awesome quotes referencing the topic of attitude. Please read through them and share your favorite quote in the comment section below. My favorites are bolded.
• Every exit is an entry somewhere. – Tom Stoppard
• While we are focusing on fear, worry, or hate, it is not possible for us to be experiencing happiness, enthusiasm or love. – Bo Bennett
• There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes. – William John Bennett
• Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. – Timothy Bentley
• I’d rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.I’d rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. – Milton Berle
• Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. – Irving Berlin
• It is better to know nothing than to know what ain’t so – Josh Billings
• Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force. – Tom Blandi
• I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
• You are more likely to act yourself into feelings, than feel yourself into action. – Jerome Bruner
• I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to earth. – Pearl Buck
• There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control. – Leo Buscaglia
• I would rather be first in a little Iberian village than second in Rome – Julius Caesar
• In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. – Albert Camus
• In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.- Sir Winston Churchill
• If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. – Glenn Clark
• You got to sing like you don’t need the money; Love like you’ll never get hurt; You got to dance like nobody’s watchin’; It’s gotta come from the heart if you want it to work. – Susanna Clark
• It’s not the situation. It’s your reaction to the situation. – Robert Conklin
• Life at any time can become difficult: life at any time can become easy. It all depends upon how one adjusts oneself to life – Moraji Desai
• It is not the position, but the disposition. – J.E. Dinger
• A man can believe a considerable deal of rubbish, and yet go about his daily work in a rational and cheerful manner. – Norman Douglas
• To different minds, the same world is a hell, and a heaven. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
• It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. – Epictetus
• Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change – Golnik Eric
• Events will take their course, it is no good of being angry at them; he is happiest who wisely turns them to the best account. – Euripides
• It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success. – David Feherty
• Our attitude towards what has happened to us in life is the important thing to recognize. Once hopeless, my life is now hope-full, but it did not happen overnight. The last of human freedoms, to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, is to choose one’s own way. – Victor Frankl
• A positive attitude can really make dreams come true — it did for me. – Zina Garrison
• Nothing in life is so hard that you can’t make it easier by the way you take it. – Ellen Glasgow
• Let’s not be narrow, nasty, and negative. – Vernon Grounds
• Each experience through which we pass operates ultimately for our good. This is a correct attitude to adopt and we must be able to see it in that light – Raymond Holliwell
• Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
• It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it. – Lena Horne
• Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something. – Aldous Huxley
• Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. – William James
• The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. – William James
• It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome. – William James
• Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson
• Success or failure depends more upon attitude than upon capacity successful men act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something. Soon it becomes a reality. Act, look, feel successful, conduct yourself accordingly, and you will be amazed at the positive results. – Dupree Jordan
• My attitude is never to be satisfied, never enough, never. – Bela Karolyi
• Up to a point a man’s life is shaped by environment, heredity, and the movements and changes in the world around him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, ‘This I am today; that I will be tomorrow.’ The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds. – Louis L’Amour
• A pessimist and an optimist, so much the worse; so much the better. – Jean De La Fontaine
• Keep your heart right, even when it is sorely wounded. – J.C. Macaulay
• We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.- Chretien Malesherbes
• We are injured and hurt emotionally, Not so much by other people or what they say and don’t say, But by our own attitude and our own response. – Maxwell Maltz
• Take the attitude of a student, Never be too big to ask questions, Never know too much to learn something new. – Og Mandino
• What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him. – Louis L. Mann
• A will finds a way. – Orison Swett Marden
• Attitudes are more important than facts – Karl Menninger
• One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things. – Henry Miller
• Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. – John Homer Miller
• There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half-full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half-empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What’s up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don’t think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! – Terry Pratchett
• You play the hand you’re dealt. I think the game’s worthwhile. – Christopher Reeve
• Great effort springs naturally from a great attitude. – Pat Riley
• This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes. – Robert E. Speer
Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life. George Arliss
What makes humility so desirable is the marvelous thing it does to us; it creates in us a capacity for the closest possible intimacy with God. Monica Baldwin
It is no great thing to be humble when you are brought low; but to be humble when you are praised is a great and rare attainment. St. Bernard
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Philippians 2:3
Without humility there can be no humanity. John Buchan
The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is humility. Charles Caleb Colton
No truly great person ever thought themselves so. William Hazlitt
Always remember when you are on top of the world , that the earth rotates every 24 hrs. Steve Makris
Humility leads to strength and not to weakness. It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them. John Mccloy
The first test of a truly great man is his humility. By humility I don’t mean doubt of his powers or hesitation in speaking his opinion, but merely an understanding of the relationship of what he can say and what he can do. John Ruskin
When we become aware of our humility, we’ve lost it.
Humility is the ladder to divine understanding.