I was blessed to be one of many hundreds of men and women in attendance at the Campaign for Black Male Achievement’s 9th annual Rumble Young Man Rumble event at the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville Kentucky. This gathering in the words of it’s CEO Shawn Dove ‘has evolved into the premier gathering of movement-building intergenerational, cross-sector leaders in the Black male achievement space.’
The Trailblazers.FM podcast was featured in 2019's Apple Podcast's Black History Month feature.
Among other notable podcasts like Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations, The Nod, Pod Save The People and On One with Angela Rye, we were honored to be listed among a few dozen selected shows.
For 2019, the team at Apple Podcasts categorized this feature by Insights & Perspectives, Comedy, Society & Culture, Political Talk, Business & Startups, and Black Stories.
Trailblazers.FM was featured among other notable podcasts in the Business & Startups category, including Paychecks & Balances, Negotiate Anything, Joblogues, Side Hustle Pro, Journey to Launch, Myleik Teele's Podcast, Dreams in Drive, The Chris Hogan Show, Carry on Friends with Kerry-Ann Reid-Brown, Brown Ambition, and MoneyTalk with Melanie.
With social media, you've got the ability to introduce your brand to people all over the world for free! That's pretty cool when you think about it.
Now those who connect with you are most likely doing so because they find something about your brand that they identify with. But once they connect with you, ball is now in your court to begin to build a relationship, develop that trust and get them to feel like they really know and like you. When that happens, they'll not only become your customer but could likely bring you referrals and advocate for your business.
This is where developing engaging conversations with your fans and followers comes into play with your social media strategy.
Of course, the number one frustration I hear quite often from folks is “I dont know what to post to get people talking”.
So I've decided to share 52 social media topics to spark that conversation about your brand:
- Share a statistic about your industry
- Share your new years resolution
- Post a testimonial or thank you note you’d received (get permission from the client)
- Recognize a local business you love
- Tell your followers what you learned today
- Share a favorite inspirational quote
- Share your favorite magazine (link to their twitter handle or fan page)
- Mention a favorite charity (link to their twitter handle or fan page)
- Answer a question that a client has asked you today
- Ask for a referral on a major purchase you are about to make
- Explain why you are passionate about your business
- Link to a favorite facebook page that you follow and why you follow it
- Link to a funny youtube video
- Link to your pinterest channel
- Link to your youtube channel
- Link to your facebook page
- Post a picture of your team and staff
- Link to a blog site that inspires you
- Ask your followers what they’d like to know more about
- Ask people to make suggestions on how to improve your website, blog page, service
- Share your opinion about a local news story
- Endorse a product or service
- Share a success story about how you helped someone
- Ask for a referral on technology that you are planning to purchase
- Share a cool technology tool
- Talk about a business book you are reading right now
- Share a business tip
- Offer a free report or white paper for your followers
- Ask people what they are doing today
- Share who inspires you
- Ask your followers who inspires them
- Share your favorite website and ask followers to share theirs
- Request that your followers share a post with their followers
- Share the latest “thing” about your industry with your followers
- Share a favorite time saving tip
- Share great news
- Share a mistake and how you turned it around
- Talk about training events you’ve attended (and share a picture)
- Talk about an organization you belong to and why
- Share how you will be celebrating your holidays
- Compliment a team / staff member on a job well done
- Talk about how your industry has changed since you started
- Share what you are grateful for today
- Talk about something that really bothers you and why
- Talk about a myth that people have about your industry
- Share info about an event that you sponsored
- Share a link to an online mention someone else made about you
- Share a training certification you just accomplished
- Celebrate milestones… anniversary of years in business
- Share industry tips with links to websites
- Ask for referrals
- Share how you did something that would make someone’s life easier amd help them save money and time
I hope these help you get your creative engagement juices flowing.
SO… WHAT’S WORKING FOR YOU RIGHT NOW TO ENGAGE WITH YOUR FANS?
I’d love to hear what’s working for YOU in the comment section below.
It's not even a question.
You want to turn up. You want to go higher. You want that side hustle to blow up so you can glow up.
So why does day after day pass you by without seeing progress. “You're going to do it”, but that was 18 months ago since the idea came to you and you still don't even have a formal plan in place to take the first step, much less the next. (more…)