Dr. Christi Hay, MD MPH is a board certified general pediatrician. She attended Stanford University for undergrad and University of Virginia for medical school. She's worked in academia as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics for The George Washington University, and also worked in private practice for several years. A few years ago she left a busy practice to begin Palisades Pediatrics, and she now focuses her time on providing personalized pediatric care to her patients right in their very own home.
In this episode, I asked Dr. Hay several questions, including:
- 03:15 What are you most grateful for right now?
- 04:00 What ignited the desire to be a doctor and to focus on pediatrics?
- 05:45 What are some of the big lessons you learned while working at Children’s?
- 08:20 Tell us a little more about Palisades Pediatrics?
- 11:45 Where did you get business guidance to pivot to where you are now?
- 14:45 Do you have a support system and people who help to hold you accountable today?
- 15:45 How do you fight through the self doubt and challenges that come, how do you push through that?
- 21:15 Before starting your practice, did you actually do research to see if potential patients would like home visits?
- 25:00 What are a couple fundamental steps other doctors need to know to lay the right foundation for setting up their own practice?
Links and resources mentioned:
Christi Hay's Bio & TEDX Talk
Dr. Christi Hay is a native of California, who now calls the Washington Metropolitan area home. She received a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Biology from Stanford University, a Master’s Degree in Public Health from the University of Michigan and her Medical Degree from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.
Dr. Hay completed a pediatric residency program at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC. She is a board certified general pediatrician.
Dr. Hay has worked in academia for The George Washington University as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. In this capacity, Dr. Hay taught pediatric residents, medical and physician assistant students. Dr. Hay also worked in private practice in the Spring Valley area of Washington, DC for several years. Dr. Hay enjoys all aspects of pediatrics but she has special interests in developmental delays, early childhood literacy, breastfeeding, reactive airway disease/asthma, nutrition and fitness.
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get automatic updates! It’s free!