Cornell Thomas is the perfect example of turning a loss into a win. Two weeks away from playing professional basketball in Europe, Cornell suffered a career ending injury that derailed his dream. Growing up with adversity his whole life allowed Cornell to get past “Why Me” and focus on “What Now”.
In this episode, I asked Cornell:
- [spp-timestamp time="02:45"] What happened during the years between 2003 and 2010? What was that valley like between basketball and coaching?
- [spp-timestamp time="11:00"] What has been the most amazing thing that's happened since you started the Power of Positivity movement?
- [spp-timestamp time="16:00"] Do you think most people today are unhappy with themselves and their lives?
- [spp-timestamp time="19:30"] Tell us about your Positivity Summit and what you are trying to create with and through this event?
- [spp-timestamp time="27:00"] What do you do to keep pushing yourself to new and higher heights with your work?
- [spp-timestamp time="30:50"] How were you able to get your family to buy into your big entrepreneurial dreams?
- [spp-timestamp time="32:50"] How do you define success?
- [spp-timestamp time="33:20"] What are you most grateful for in your life right now?
Links and resources mentioned:
- Cornell on: Twitter, Instagram
- Cornell's Fav Books:
- How to Be Interesting: (In 10 Simple Steps) by Jessica Hagy
- The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World by Chris Guillebrea
Cornell Thomas's Bio
Cornell is a father, husband, author, speaker, and coach.
Cornell thought his purpose in life was to play professional basketball. In 2003 he received a contract to play professional basketball in Portugal. A dream he had would finally come to fruition. But two weeks before he was supposed to leave he suffered a career ending injury.
Little did he know, that injury would help him find his true purpose in life. In 2010, he decided he wanted to start a new movement. He began writing his own motivational quotes. Those quotes eventually led him to starting and writing a blog, and the blog led to him writing his first book “The Power Of Positivity-Controlling Where The Ball Bounces.”
This helped Cornell realize his true purpose, to inspire and motivate others. Cornell now speaks all over the United States, sharing his story with people from all walks of life. He dares others to say and think ‘What Now', instead of ‘Why Me' when they find themselves faced with adversity.
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get automatic updates! It’s free!