Craig The Barber's Summary Bio:
On this episode, I was thrilled to interview a dear friend, Craig Whitely, known to the world as Craig The Barber®. He is the founder and editor-in-chief of TheMensRoom.com.
- Craig the Barber® is Hollywood’s top source for men’s grooming needs.
- He's worked with several prestigious salons and barbershops in the Los Angeles area where his clientele grew to include many of Hollywood’s most famous faces and names
- He's lent his services to events such as Diddy’s annual 4th of July “White Party” and Michael Jordan’s Celebrity Golf Tournament
- He's a frequent contributor to Men’s Health magazine
- Craig has served as the spokesperson for two global brands, Lab Series by Estee Lauder and Philips Norelco,
- He creates, produces and hosts exclusive how-to videos for eHow™ Style,
- He is a contributing educator to the Paul Mitchell Schools and he has flown around the world to consult with corporations and host consumer events
- His baby though, TheMensRoom.com, is a site dedicated to the art of barbering and style for men
Without a doubt, a very accomplished professional and an all around great person, who I'm excited to have had, to share some of his wisdom with us.
In this episode, we discussed:
- [spp-timestamp time="04:30"] – When he first discovered his desire to become a master barber
- [spp-timestamp time="07:40"] – Why he didn't pursue barbering straight out of college
- [spp-timestamp time="09:45"] – Whether he's more afraid of failing to achieve a goal he set OR being more afraid of the larger responsibilities that came if he achieved those goals
- [spp-timestamp time="11:00"] – Something he feared on his journey that he had to overcome to experience growth in his business and what he did to overcome those fears
- [spp-timestamp time="14:15"] – The point he moved from being a barber in a shop to becoming a registered trademark & grooming expert
- [spp-timestamp time="19:30"] – How/why he built themensroom.com and his social media community
- [spp-timestamp time="24:00"] – His routines and daily rituals
- [spp-timestamp time="26:00"] – A failure on his journey, how he overcame it and got back on track
- [spp-timestamp time="31:00"] – A defining moment on his journey
- [spp-timestamp time="33:30"] – What social media has done for his brand
- [spp-timestamp time="35:10"] – How he keeps from getting stuck in a comfort zone
- [spp-timestamp time="37:30"] – How he manages goals & holds himself accountable to achieving goals
- [spp-timestamp time="40:20"] – A book he's read in the past year that inspired him
- [spp-timestamp time="40:45"] – Something small he's done that he's proud of
- [spp-timestamp time="42:30"] – An online resource he uses everyday
- [spp-timestamp time="43:10"] – Why it's important to volunteer & give back
- [spp-timestamp time="44:10"] – His inspiring message to motivate us
Links and resources mentioned:
- Craig The Barber website
- Craig The Barber on Facebook
- Craig's Fav Book: Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get automatic updates! It’s free!