Keion Jackson is an Author and Senior Writer for Hallmark Cards. He's also a playwright, having written and produced his first play, Gumbo House, that debuted in theaters in Kansas City, MO in March 2016.
In this episode, we discussed:
- [spp-timestamp time="01:30"] – His dream as a kid growing up in Port Allen, Louisiana
- [spp-timestamp time="03:00"] – What Keion does in his day to day as a Senior Writer at Hallmark Cards
- [spp-timestamp time="05:00"] – What inspired him to write his first play, Gumbo House
- [spp-timestamp time="07:00"] – What he learned about himself in his first independent project with the play
- [spp-timestamp time="09:00"] – What he does to keep from falling into comfort zones as a writer, having written for different mediums
- [spp-timestamp time="10:30"] – Tips on how to avoid writer's block and produce something original, creative and worth reading
- [spp-timestamp time="13:40"] – How faith influenced his career
- [spp-timestamp time="15:00"] – How he got involved writing about faith and authoring a book for Hallmark Cards
Links and resources mentioned:
A portion of Gumbo House proceeds was donated to lowernine.org, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the long-term recovery of the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans, Louisiana in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and the levee breaches of 2005.
Keion Jackson's Bio
Keion Jackson is an author of the Hallmark book, Because Jesus. He is a Senior Writer for Hallmark's Creative Writing Studios, where he's been employed since graduating from Clark Atlanta University in 2008. Keion is originally from Port Allen, Louisiana, and has a twin sister. He knew from a very young age that he was meant to be a writer.
Keion was selected by Hallmark, to write about his faith. But that said, he's a very creative, extremely funny, down to earth guy that you immediately feel like you know.
Keion is also a playwright, and wrote / produced his first play, Gumbo House, directed by Teresa Leggard, in March 2016 in Kansas City, MO. Keion is also now working through his first documentary on christian hip hop. We are excited and can't wait to see both his play in a theater near us and hopefully his documentary on Netflix in the next year or so.
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get automatic updates! It’s free!