Our featured guest on today's episode is Minda Harts, founder of The Memo LLC, a premiere career development platform for women of color. The Memo helps women of color prepare for their seat at the table with education, community, and access.
In 2016, Minda was nominated as a Change Maker at The White House State of Women Summit.
Minda's Episode Outline:
- [spp-timestamp time="03:20"] We are celebrating Women's History Month and I'd love to have you share some of the women who inspired you?
- [spp-timestamp time="05:05"] What's been one of the lessons you learned from your grandmother that you'll definitely continue to pass along to others throughout your life?
- [spp-timestamp time="06:48"] Tell us a little about The Memo and what you do in your day to day?
- [spp-timestamp time="07:55"] What are some of the unique strategies that you might use to engage women of color to prepare them to win in the workplace?
- [spp-timestamp time="10:30"] What have been some of the failures that almost made you second guess your purpose and direction?
- [spp-timestamp time="13:22"] Who is the Memo for? Are there a specific age range that you're focused on reaching?
- [spp-timestamp time="14:52"] What's the importance of your community and women seeing someone that looks like them actually ‘make it'?
- [spp-timestamp time="17:32"] How can we, both men and women, begin to invest in ourselves?
- [spp-timestamp time="19:29"] Minda shares some career development tips that we can begin to take action on right now
- [spp-timestamp time="23:32"] What's one of your biggest challenges you're working hard to conquer for the Memo this year?
- [spp-timestamp time="24:40"] What cities will The Memo be in during 2017?
Don't care too much for someone else that you forget to care for yourself
Always be ready: Never give anyone a reason to tell you no because you weren't ready!
They say women make 77 cents on the dollar. Well, that's not true for all women. Women of color start anywhere from 54 to 64 cents…
We are the architects of our lives. So no matter what it is, we get to build it. We have the control, we have the blueprint.
Minda's Favorite Book:
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
Connect with Minda:
- Twitter: @MindaHarts
- Facebook: The Memo
- Instagram: @MyWeeklyMemo
- The Memo LLC: MyWeeklyMemo.com
- Minda Harts Website: MindaHarts.com
Minda Hart's Bio
Minda is the founder of The Memo LLC, a premiere career development platform for women of color. The Memo helps women of color prepare for their seat at the table with education, community, and access.
In 2016, she was nominated as a Change Maker at The White House State of Women Summit. Minda is a member of the New York Junior League and volunteers at women's shelters across NYC; helping women enhance their resumes and interviewing skills.
Minda has been featured in Essence Magazine and The Guardian. She also serves as a mentor at General Assembly.
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
If you're an Apple user and listening through the Podcast App, please help us out by leaving an honest review for The Trailblazers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings, reviews and subscribes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help us expand our reach and increase our downloads.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get our new episodes each and every Monday morning. It’s absolutely free and highly valuable to helping you go above and way beyond toward blazing your trail!