Nicole Mclaren Campbell is an educator, entrepreneur and professional speaker. Driven by a passion for empowerment, she represented Jamaica at MIT’s Junior Summit and was selected to address then UN Secretary General Kofi Annan at just 13 years old. She was subsequently featured in local and international media, including CNN and Nickelodeon and was chosen as one of “20 Teens Who Will Change the World” by Teen People Magazine.. At age 25, Nicole founded AIM Educational Services, where she helps hundreds of students and delivers an average return of over 5,000% to parents through their top rated educational programs.
Nicole's Episode Outline:
- [spp-timestamp time="03:55"] What is it about academia and being an educator that's so fascinating to you?
- [spp-timestamp time="05:50"] Are you able to give your students more than the knowledge to prepare for college? Are you able to relate some of your experiences to them as well?
- [spp-timestamp time="06:30"] What's been the biggest thing you've identified as holding your students back from achieving their maximum potential?
- [spp-timestamp time="09:00"] Are you challenged with helping your students to develop their soft skills?
- [spp-timestamp time="11:00"] As an entrepreneur, what's the biggest mistake you've made and how did you overcome it?
- [spp-timestamp time="14:00"] Do you have coaches and mentors that help guide you and your business forward? What's your support system like?
- [spp-timestamp time="19:30"] What is your advice to an aspiring entrepreneur wanting to plan, grow, and succeed on their journey?
- [spp-timestamp time="23:00"] What can we look forward to from you on your vision board for the next 10 years and beyond?
- [spp-timestamp time="35:10"] Nicole imparts an inspiring final word to help us blaze our trail
- [spp-timestamp time="36:40"] How will the world be different because you pursued what you were most passionate about?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Nicole's Favorite Books:
- No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy
- Democracy Matters: Winning the Fight Against Imperialism by Cornell West
Connect with Nicole:
- AIM Educational Services website
- Nicole Campbell's personal website
- Nicole on Instagram: @nicolemclarencampbell @nicspire @aimeduservices
Nicole McClaren Campbell's Bio
Nicole Campbell is an educator, entrepreneur and professional speaker. Driven by a passion for empowerment, she represented Jamaica at MIT’s Junior Summit and was selected to address then UN Secretary General Kofi Annan at just 13 years old. She was subsequently featured in local and international media, including CNN and Nickelodeon and was chosen as one of “20 Teens Who Will Change the World” by Teen People Magazine.
She is a graduate of the St. Andrew High School for Girls, and completed her high school studies at Phillips Academy ‘Andover' in Massachusetts, before going on to earn an undergraduate degree in Economics from Princeton University in 2006. Nicole also studied at Stanford University’s Summer Institute and the University of London, where she earned a Masters Degree in Globalization and Development.
Nicole returned to Jamaica immediately to join the Ministry of Education where she served as Senior Policy Analyst to the then Minister of Education, now Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness. At 25, Nicole resigned from the Ministry to start AIM Educational Services – with just two students. Nicole sites her decision to tap into her passion for human development in education as one of the best she’s made. Today, AIM sees hundreds of students and delivers an average return of over 5000% to parents – results Nicole attributes to a strong, motivated team whose focus remains on possibilities, not problems. She recently started the AIM Higher Foundation with a mandate to identify, develop and empower promising low-income students so that they too can access unlock their potential through access to tertiary education.
Parents seek Nicole for the impact she has on their teenagers – how she pushes them to adopt empowering perspectives and to create possibilities for their futures, with their present actions. Her passion for empowerment extends beyond the classroom to the boardroom and beyond. Noted for her no-nonsense, yet practical approach, Nicole addresses corporate and public audiences on the subject of maximizing potential in their personal and professional lives. Each year she speaks at high schools across Jamaica and has spoken for companies including Access Financial, Caribbean Broilers, JMMB, Sagicor Jamaica and Scotiabank. She also serves as a Board Member of the Early Childhood Commission and the CHASE Fund in Jamaica. In her own words, “everything that I do is really an extension of my passion to empower people – to me, nothing can match the excitement and sense of fulfillment I get from helping people to grow in confidence and realize their potential.”
She is wife to reggae artiste Assassin aka Agent Sasco (Jeffrey Campbell), mom to 4-year old LC, 3year-old Joshua and ‘bonus-mom’ to 10-year-old Ally. She loves taking videos of her kids and posting them to her favourite social media platform: Instagram. A self-professed inspirational quote junkie, her personal motto is “AIM High and Be Bold” and her mission is to squeeze every ounce of life, from life.
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
If you're an Apple user and listening through the Podcast App, please help us out by leaving an honest review for The Trailblazers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings, reviews and subscribes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They help us expand our reach and increase our downloads.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get our new episodes each and every Monday morning. It’s absolutely free and highly valuable to helping you go above and way beyond toward blazing your trail!