Our guest is Steve Vassor, Director for the Campaign for Black Male Achievement's Rumble Young Man Rumble. Steve is a proud Dad, husband, mentor/coach, man of faith and action. He's a sought-after speaker and facilitator.
Today's episode is pure fire. Steve opens up about his back story, we talk about what's driving him in the work he's doing with CBMA and he gets into defining this amazing acronym for the word CLIMB and he shares what it means to CLIMB ladders, rocks and trees. We also talked about masculinity and what it means as a black man today. This and so much more awaits you in today's episode.
Connect with Steve:
- Twitter: @SteveVassor
Some of the questions I asked Steve:
- How are you using this time to express and encourage gratitude within your family and community?
- You were actually a former DJ?
- If you and I just met at a bar having a couple Red Stripes, what would you tell me about yourself?
- What drives you right now to do what you’re doing?
- How do you manage your energy so that you’re always full?
- What does it mean to CLIMB?
- How do you suggest listeners CLIMB ladders, rocks, and trees in the personal, professional, problems and possibilities we all face?
- What are you teaching young black men about masculinity and what it means to be a man?
Steve Vassor Bio
Steve is a proud Dad, husband, mentor/coach, man of faith and action. He enjoys travel, and as a former DJ loves rap, his musical first love. He is a sought-after speaker and facilitator who earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Mental Health from Morgan State University, and a Master’s in Social Service Administration from Case Western Reserve University.
As the Campaign for Black Male Achievement’s Director of Rumble Young Man, Rumble!, Steve is supporting the work of leaders, she-roes and heroes in the Black male achievement movement and field.
Throughout his career Steve served, supported, led, organized, trained, planned with and funded youth and community serving organizations and agencies. He served on committees, commissions and Boards focused on improving life chances for children, youth and families and has also launched three social enterprises.
Thanks for Listening!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and for listening to this episode.
If you're listening through the Apple Podcast App, please help us by partnering with us to grow this movement. The first step to helping us reach more trailblazers is to leave us a 5 star review for The Trailblazers Podcast! (Please click the link from your cell phone, then click the REVIEWS tab). Ratings, reviews and subscribes are extremely helpful to expanding our reach within the Apple community.