Many know of the 10 commandments of Exodus 20. But did you know that there are commands all throughout the New Testament. Below are 28 key commands of us as believers as it relates to LOVE. I thought I’d share these with you today. Let’s all make every effort to put these into practical use daily!
- A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. – John 13:34
- This is my command: Love each other. – John 15:17
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. – Mark 12:30
- But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you – Matthew 5:44
- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. – John 15:12
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. – Romans 12:9
- Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. – Romans 12:10
- …and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. – Ephesians 5:2
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins – 1 Peter 4:8
- If you love me, you will obey what I command. – John 14:15
- Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him – 1 John 2:15
- Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. – Ephesians 6:24
- Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:11
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her – Ephesians 5:25
- And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. – 1 John 4:21
- Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. – Colossians 3:19
- …but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. – 1 John 4:12
- Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. – 1 Peter 1:22
- Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. – John 15:13
- Do everything in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:14
- Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. – 1 John 3:18
- Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. – 1 Peter 2:17
- In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. – Ephesians 5:28
- But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you – Luke 6:27
- Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble – 1 Peter 3:8
- Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. – Romans 13:8
- Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. – John 14:21
- By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. – John 13:35
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden – Matthew 5:14
[Your Name Here] is the light of the world! Shine your light today and let the whole world see Christ in your actions.
Just like Jesus did in His time on this earth, we also need to challenge the conventional wisdom of our time, where our culture perceives the wealthy and influential to enjoy more of God’s blessings than those who are poor. Jesus wanted His followers to see that material things were only temporary and certainly not to be what our heart is set on.
As believers, we need to see and understand that this world is temporary and that the love and kindness we show others is so much more important to our Father in heaven than all the material things we could gain here in the world.
Pray and challenge yourselves and those around you today to let go of arrogance, pride, jealousy, anger and greed. Those things contribute to the dark world we live in.
Instead, shine the light of love, truth, forgiveness, kindness, peace and joy. Be examples of Christ’s unfailing love in your work places, in your homes, marriages, families, communities and churches. Step up and become accountable to leading our next generation toward values that are worthy. Let us not lose the saltiness of our faith (Matt. 5:13).
Shine your light today, make sure your world sees!
Today’s post has become a disease to our society and especially personal to me, as I watch close friends of mine who have either ended or are seeking to end their marriages, destroying 2 individuals, their kids, their families, their businesses and their communities and future generations in the process.
Fellas, I’m directing today’s energy right at us. What are we as men doing to help sustain our marriage and our families? What are we doing to fight off the sexual immorality and lust, and all the temptations we have to be selfish? Are we thinking only about ourselves and our desires that conflict with us being able to realize and experience a successful relationship with our spouses?
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh [Genesis 2:24]
When we made the choice to devote the rest of our lives to becoming one flesh, there wasn’t any fine print on that vow that said
Marriage is not gonna work out all the time and if I’m selfish and feeling like I wanna go find another woman and not work on this marriage anymore, that’s fine, God will forgive me and waive my vows in this particular instance. Requirement for me staying in this marriage will vary based on my wife’s attitude and willingness to have sex with me whenever I want. Estimated time commitment in this marriage is limited to when I have time left, after work, hanging with the boys and watching enough NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, or any other sporting event I feel is warranted to occupy my time ahead of my spending time with my wife and attempting to make my marriage work. My marriage can surely end if I find me someone cuter, smarter, or who is more willing to participate in my manly activities that my wife does not want to take part in. My wife is limited to anything I deem is off limits or I will simply file a divorce. See your local divorcee for more advice and details on how to destroy your life.