Most of us spend most of our lives chasing after money and wealth.
I thought it would be awesome today to share with you some of the things said about money and wealth in the bible. I hope you'll take the time to review these scripture tips and gain some measure of understanding regarding how you might be able to improve your focus and priorities in life where they truly need to be. After reading these, it'll help you with perspective, I'm sure!
- Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. – Colossians 3:2
- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.” – Hebrews 13:5
- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal – Matthew [spp-timestamp time="6:19"]-2
- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Luke [spp-timestamp time="12:34"]
- Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. – 1 John [spp-timestamp time="2:15"]
- Wisdom is a shelter
as money is a shelter,
but the advantage of knowledge is this:
that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor. – Ecclesiastes [spp-timestamp time="7:12"]
- Whoever loves money never has money enough;
whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. – Ecclesiastes [spp-timestamp time="5:10"]